The results are in from the 2016 membership survey. The standout statistic is that 100% of the 18 respondents would recommend the Malvern Harriers to others.
The survey was introduced as part of Athletics Victoria's Club Connect program, which is intended to strengthen affiliated clubs through improved governance and communications.
As the survey was largely textual in nature, there are few statistics, but some great quotes:
- “The culture has always been our point of difference; friendly, supportive always celebrate success no matter what ability the members have.”
- “Social and competitive environment, well run by committee and coaches, great value membership.”
- “Welcomes and supports everyone regardless of ability. Everyone knows everyone else's name.”
- “Passion of the Coaches; consistency of the program; passion of the captains.”
- “A small but well run and supported club.”
Changes driven from survey feedback include:
- Creating the Malvern Harriers Online Clubroom Facebook group, which is a private forum for club members to share news and organise group activities such as Sunday long runs.
- Head coach David Stones broadening the range of training programs available.
- Sourcing a new club singlet made from a high quality breathable fabric.
In response to how the club can improve, common themes were “increased membership” and “advertising and marketing ourselves”. Next year, the AV Club Connect program will require the club to adopt a structured and planned approach to these matters.
Thank you to Dan Halliday for conducting the survey and to everyone who took part.